Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Long, Long Time Ago...

...I updated this thing.

Oops.

I've been busy!  I'm teaching summer school right now, and that takes a lot of energy, as does training for this, um, marathon.

Oh, and the free time I have has been consumed with the great time-wasters: Pinterest and Goodreads.

So yeah.

Anyway, I haven't forgotten about this thing, and I swear I will update more regularly.

Today's post is brought to you by...Chloe!


Just kidding.  She's not a good typer.

This morning started bright and early at 5 a.m., which was actually okay because I went to bed around 9:00 and, after reading a new-to-me page-turner, fell asleep around 10:00.  On a Friday.  Because I'm that cool.

Today's run was supposed to be 14 miles, but the girl with whom I was scheduled to run had not yet completed 12 miles, so that's what we did.  At first I was a little disappointed to "only" be doing 12, but then I thought that it would, in fact, be a good thing since my first go at 12 miles sucked horribly.  Today's 12 was nearly 8,765,312 times better than the first time around, but I'm super sore; my right knee has been causing me trouble, and after a quick four miles on Tuesday, I strained my left calf, which is now nearly immobile.

I really need to purchase one of these:

Source
But since that is not on the agenda for today, I am stuck with one of these:


The rolling pin, that is.  I'm not sure the cat will be of much help.  In addition, I promise that's the last cat photo for today.

So I'm going to work the muscle with some ice, Advil, a rolling pin, and some Icy Hot.  Hopefully I'll be able to move it sometime in the near future.

But enough whining.  I actually need to sign off for today, as I am headed to a Half-Birthday Party for two of my besties.  I'm not sure the world is ready for Round Two of grown-ups on a Slip 'n Slide and road flares in the middle of downtown Des Moines, but it doesn't so much have a choice.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment