Sunday, April 17, 2011

Productivity

I have a problem.

I cannot sit still for long and not feel guilty about it.  

Today, I had a minimal to-do list: run, do laundry, and grade tests.  The rest of the day was supposed to be spent lying on my couch, watching TV, reading books.  I tried the whole lying-on-the-couch thing and succeeded for approximately 45 minutes.

Then the guilt set in.

I cooked a rock-star breakfast for myself and BFF: banana bread pancakes.  (BFF contributed some delish bacon.)

After she went home to crash on her couch, I tried to lounge again.

It didn't work.

I messed around with my "marathon mix" on iTunes and then convinced BFF to join me for our run: three-and-a-half miles in 45 minutes.  (Don't judge my time: I'm new to this whole "running gig."  Also, my shins feel like there are knives jabbing into them on every step.)

I came home and tried to lounge again.  It didn't work.  I thought about grading tests, but that thought quickly fled from my mind.

Instead, I decided that Sunday night would be the perfect time to clean out my closets - and clean out my closets I did!  I was very liberal in what I tossed and managed to pack up FIVE bags of clothes to donate to Goodwill - or, perhaps, try to sell at a consignment shop.  BFF already claimed a bag of the goods.

I feel so much better.  There is no reason that one person should have the amount of clothes that I did - well, that I still do.  I've given lots of clothes to Goodwill in the past - I clean out the closets at least once a year - but I never do as good a job as I should.  This time I think that I did.  It's amazing how relieved I feel.

And I am NOT going shopping for quite a long time!

Now I'm off to grade tests...and watch Celebrity Apprentice.  (You know me and crappy reality TV!)

Question: What songs should I be sure to include on my "Marathon Mix"?  Hook me up with some motivation, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment