Monday, November 29, 2010

Let's Try This Again...

You know, every time I say I'm going to start blogging more regularly, I really do have the best intentions. I don't know what happens to make me mess up; I truly don't.  I think the biggest issue right now is the inability to truly workout, which significantly hinders one of my goals.  I don't want to blog about how poorly I'm doing at sticking to a plan, so I just don't blog.  Ugh.

But now it has to change.  It just. has. to.

One thing that will definitely help is the Biggest Loser contest my school is starting next week.  Another thing that will help is Key West looming in the not-so-distant future.  I maybe looked at the Victoria's Secret swim options last night - and promptly realized I'd better get my butt in gear if I want to purchase any of it!  Here's what I'm planning on looking like in four months:

Source
Okay: I truly don't want to look like her because I think it's kind of gross, but I really like this swimsuit and want to be able to wear it without people throwing up.  :)

SO: after a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with my family in Omaha (much of which looked like this)...


...I really buckled down today.  For breakfast I drank way too much coffee - and while I brought a Chobani and granola to school today, didn't have time to eat it.  I know how horrible that is.  Oops.  For lunch I ate leftover Shrimp 'n Grits, courtesy of BFF and Cooking Light:

Source
That cherry-tomato salad in the background?  Yeah, I had that, too.  It was delicious but devoured in approximately five minutes since I had a hugely long meeting to attend and a freakin' awesome field experience to plan.  Here's a hint:

Source
After school, we had PROUD and continued our amazing discussion from last week about White Privilege, using Peggy McIntosh's seminal work, Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack, as our focus.  The kids were absolutely phenomenal, and I'm really excited to continue our work this year.  As the meeting was ending, one of my boys was kind of lurking around, and I asked if he needed something, as he looked like he wanted to talk to me.  At first he shook his head and said no, and then he said, "I just feel like I need to hug you!"  It was one of the sweetest things ever and totally made my day.  It's the little things, I tell ya.

I came home - finally - and chopped a ton of veggies for my dinner tonight, which I ate after working out:


It looks weird because you can't really tell what it is, but it's a HUGE salad consisting of romaine, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, dates, sweet peppers, cubed colby jack & pepper cheese, roasted acorn squash, and Annie's Goddess Dressing.  It is DELICIOUS and totally filled me up.  I'm glad I liked it so much since I have enough for three more meals.  :)

My workout today consisted of 25 minutes on the recumbent bike and then the abs/back class.  Can you believe that is all I can do?  I am SO frustrated.  Even after that super lame workout, my ankle swelled to tennis-ball size.  Ugh.  I finally go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what he says.  Please cross your fingers for me that I don't need surgery and that he has good news.  I'm nervous.  I've been taking REALLY good care of it, yet it has gotten worse.  Ugh.

Okay.  I'm off to finish the last few bites of my salad and continue my newest project:

Source
That's right!  It's winter, so I'll be knitting up a storm!  I'm almost done with my first scarf already!  Who needs a gift?  :)

And speaking of gifts, if you are looking for my Christmas gift, here you go:

Source
I finally saw The Blindside and am utterly obsessed with the watch she wore throughout the movie.  So, if you are in need of shopping ideas for me and have $295 to spare, there you go!  Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment