Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

Happy Hump Day!

I cannot believe how tired I was yesterday.  I was so tired that a.) I was getting lightheaded if standing, and b.) I had trouble remembering even the smallest things.

And now re-reading that, it sounds like I was roofied.

But nope.  Just running on zero energy.

Thankfully I slept like a rock last night.  I cannot even remember the last time that happened, so that was wonderful.  Hopefully tonight will be much the same.

Of course, despite my great night's sleep, I still woke up quite tired at 4:20 a.m.  The workout was quite tough, but I think a lot of it had to do with me still being exhausted.  Usually I push myself to the absolute limits, but today, my sit-ups were quite slow, my planks were dropping left and right, and my punches were not quite as high as they should've been.

Granted, I still got my butt kicked, but had I not been so darn tired, I could've pushed myself further.

I came home and whipped up a smoothie:


I started with a half cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, threw in a fourth cup of orange-juice concentrate, added two tablespoons of plain yogurt, tossed in a fourth cup of a berry-cherry mix and half of a banana, and topped it off with a scoop of protein powder.

It. was. amazing.  In fact, it may be one of the best smoothies I've ever created.

For my morning snack, I scarfed down my cottage cheese and veggie concoction but forgot to take a picture didn't want to take a picture and have all of my students think I'm a nut job (more than they already do, that is).

For lunch, I inhaled my tuna + cottage cheese + celery + lemon juice + Louisiana Hot Sauce + mush toast + grapes deliciousness, but again, I was in a meeting and did not want to take a photo.  (And honestly, I straight-up forgot that time.)

When I got home, I whipped up an awesome snack (since I left my intended snack - Wheat Thins and pepper Jack cheese) at school:


I chopped up a whole tomato and two ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese and added some Wheat Thins as a side.

Mmm, mmm, mmm.

This will definitely be part of the rotation.

Very shortly after eating that scrumptious snack, I had to head to a meeting that was immediately followed by bowling.  The Boy and I are in a bowling league with two of our friends, and it is one of our favorite things to do.  Seriously.  We love bowling, we love our friends, and we love the break-for-fun it gives us in the middle of the week.

But I digress.

Because I had such a busy evening, I pre-planned dinner: I was going to stop at Palmer's, one of my favorite deli markets in town, for my standby salad:

Romaine + spinach + cucumber + red peppers + raisins + mushrooms + egg + turkey + a sprinkle of raspberry vinaigrette.
It's what I get every. single. time.

We got home around 9:00, and I quickly prepped all of my food for tomorrow (and realized that I'm running short on several things, namely protein powder, pepper Jack cheese [obv], and cottage cheese).  While doing so, I sipped another liquid cookie dough smoothie: UVAB + protein powder.

Let me tell y'all something: there were so many temptations today, but I did so well.  At my evening meeting, there was wine and cheese and snacks, and I turned all of them down to sip my water.  At bowling, there were pitchers of beer, and I refrained, despite the protests of the dudes.  After bowling, The Boy wanted to stop at Taco John's, and while it smelled so good and he kept offering me bites, I declined.

And you know what?  It wasn't even that tough.  None of that stuff -- aside from the cheese at the meeting -- even sounded good.

I cannot believe how fast the healthy-living attitude and habits have sunk in.

Don't get me wrong: I know there will be days when I will be tempted, and possibly days where I will succumb to those temptations.  But today was not that day, and I am quite proud.


Before I sign off for the night and go pass the heck out, I wanted to mention one more thing:

I already suggested y'all like my Facebook page, but I also think we should be friends on My Fitness Pal, my favorite fitness app.  It's a great place to log daily workouts, and the food database includes nearly every possible thing in the history of ever.  My name is emmy815, or you can find me by email: embolism815@gmail.com.

Friend me!  Friend me!  Friend me!

Oh, and all of my meal plans are public (to friends), so you, too, can eat just like this crazy person.  :)

'Til tomorrow: peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment