Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's Trivia Tiiiiiime!

It's Tuesday, and you know what that means: trivia!  (And, I might be getting a little excited for the Jersey Shore premiere on Thursday, channeling Pauly D and t-shirt tiiiime!)  Ironically, my team, "And With a Perfect Score," did not receive any perfect scores and instead ended up in ninth place, a whopping 48 points below first place.  I'm pretty sure this is a record low for us.

Because it's nearly 11:30 and therefore way past my school-night bedtime, I'm going to cut to the chase and give you my daily menu:

Breakfast was yet another shake (and a cup of coffee).  Unfortunately, I ran out of spinach, so instead of a Green Monster, it's just a regular ole shake.

Doesn't it look pretty next to my pink Christmas tree?  (It's not too Christmas-y, so it still gets to stay up...)
In the mix: one full banana, four strawberries, one cup UVAB, and one scoop of vanilla protein powder.  I really like protein shakes because it's almost like eating dessert for breakfast.  Yum.  I also scarfed down a couple of these bad boys:


Can you tell I really like things that look/taste like dessert?  These vitamins are the only multivitamins I've ever been able to take: they're like gummy bears!

Midmorning snack:


Two hard-boiled eggs and a granny smith apple.  You'll be seeing a lot of this combo: it's so easy to grab and eat on the run - or in the middle of the ninth-grade hallway during passing period.  :)  This was an especially delish batch of hard-boiled eggs for some reason, so I'm really enjoying 'em over the next couple of days!

I spent my lunch period working with a couple of students on essays, so I had a quick bite to eat at my desk:


The identical twin to the Giant Salad I had for lunch yesterday.  It totally looks like my salad is topped with ground beef (ew...), but I swear they are chopped dates.  The flavors of this salad are to.die.for.  Again, I topped it with Goddess dressing.  Double yum.

Like yesterday, I brought a diet iced tea to enjoy during lunch, but since I hadn't yet finished my first Nalgene of water, I didn't break into the tea.  Yay, me!

My afternoon snack was also eaten while working with several students (such hard workers!):


Two pieces of string cheese and a banana.  Again, you will be seeing a lot of this combo.  It's a lot trickier than it seems to find food that is just the right amount of carbs and protein for a mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack - hence repeating often.

If you hadn't guessed already, I didn't make it to the gym this morning.  I couldn't fall asleep until around midnight or so, and when my alarm went off at 4:45, I was still in a NyQuil-induced haze and decided to sleep it off until 6:00 and workout after school.  So, I brought all of my workout garb to school and headed straight to the gym.  After a fully-loaded weight session (arms, which supposedly burned around 100 calories), I did another 30 minutes on the crazy-elliptical/stair-climber machine and burned 360 calories.

For dinner I reheated my second portion of gnocchi and cauliflower:


It was delicious as usual - thankfully, because I still have two more meals of it yet.  I like leftovers but can only take so much of 'em...

At trivia tonight I polished off the last of my food for the day:



This bar was really, really good.  I'm going to have to get more of 'em.

And now since it's nearing midnight, I need to sign off!

Today's grand total:

Calories: 1711
Fat: 58 grams
Carbs: 194 grams
Protein: 90 grams

Water: 120 ounces
Exercise: 460 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment