Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In Mourning

Really, Iowa?  Really?  We don't retain three Supreme Court justices because they upheld the Constitution?  That makes all sorts of sense.

I am infuriated.  I am so upset that I can't even form a coherent thought about all of it.  Check back tomorrow for intelligent analysis.

Also, the Tea Party is insane.  Ab-so-lute-ly bonkers.  In case you needed further proof than my clearly well-informed opinion, look at their Facebook page.  Um, really?

Iowa, America: I'm scared.

On a completely different note, let's review my day.  :)

First, I woke up late and was rushed getting ready, so instead of the protein shake I had planned for breakfast, I grabbed a Chobani and headed out the door.  I mixed in a few Cracklin' Oat Bran (my fave cereal) bits - just because I hate the texture of yogurt - and it was delish.

After a morning of teaching, I headed to my polling place - although clearly it did no good.  The nursing home was packed to the brim, so instead of stepping into the booth, I just filled out my ballot on the back of a piano, right in front of a news camera.  That's how awesome I am - I just don't care.

I returned to school and ate my second helping of dinner last night - and loved every single bite.  Honestly, if shrimp (and artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes, and capers, and Feta) weren't so darn expensive, I'd make that once a week.  It was SO good.

I had full intentions of doing an upper-body workout after school, but between tutoring and physical therapy, I really didn't feel like I had enough time.  So, I skipped out and went to PT a little early.  And it HURT. SO. BAD.  Because the swelling was still so bad, the physical therapist did an edema massage to try and help it go down.  Since it was too tender to even touch, just imagine what a massage felt like.  Um...yeah.  After doing that along with some exercises, she attached me to four electrodes and wrapped my entire foot in a blanket of ice and shocked electricity through me for about 15 minutes.  It was quite uncomfortable, but the combination of the different therapies really helped.

And I get to go back tomorrow, Friday, three times next week, and two times a week for the next four weeks.  It's going to be fun.

I ate my final serving of last night's dinner for dinner tonight - and again, I loved it.  YUM.  I headed off for a "light therapy" session (prescribed by my dermatologist, I promise!), and then checked in at trivia.  It is the first week in November, so tonight started a new trivia competition; so far we are in fourth place, 15 points from first.  We can totally get those points back; I have faith.

And since it's trivia night, you get a fun fact about Emily!  So, here goes:

I am not afraid of many things.  I don't lock my doors in the "scary part of town," I don't like spiders but do not scream when I see them, and I am not phased by clowns.  However, there are two things that scare me: 1.) death, which I believe is a common fear, and 2.) being single my whole life.  While I am currently happy and not actively pursuing any sort of relationship, I see many of my friends in happy relationships, and it has hit me recently that most of the good guys are no longer single.  Where does that leave me?  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment