Thursday, May 1, 2014

Three Thanks

Happy Thursday!

And since it's Thursday, you know what time it is: Three Thanks!


Please join me and my beautiful sister-in-law Aly (at Here Comes Happiness) in our weekly profession of gratitude. After all,


We would love for you to link up with us, but if you don't have a blog, please let us know at least one thing you're thankful for this week. It truly makes my heart happy to hear all the gratitude for small things, important people, seemingly insignificant events, etc.

~~ONE~~

I am grateful for bowling.


Every Wednesday, I get together with these goofballs for three games of bowling.


I know it sounds super nerdy (I mean, a bowling league?!), but it is so fun. It's such a nice break in the middle of the week, and I truly love getting together with people that I do not see on a regular basis. Despite meeting through a bowling league, Rich and Mark have become such wonderful friends of mine: they have seen me laugh uncontrollably, they have seen me sob my eyes out, they have seen me feverishly grading essays, they have seen me slightly obnoxiously intoxicated (back when I was much, much younger), they tease me like their little sister, and I know they would do anything in the world for me. I am so grateful for the chance to decompress and chill with them every week.

~~TWO~~

I am grateful for my colleagues. The other day, one of the amazing women in my department emailed me this picture and said that it reminded her of me:


It was one of the first emails that I received that morning, and it totally made my day. First, someone was thinking of me (which is always a good feeling), and second, I feel like this was such a wonderful compliment.

Sometimes I am way over-the-top enthusiastic and almost sickeningly positive (which I assume can be annoying at times), so the fact that someone appreciates that about me made me so happy.

~~THREE~~

I am grateful for my bed.

I realize this is more a picture of the wall, but I bet you can figure out what the rest of my bed looks like.

I love a good night in a hotel: sleeping a different bed with 1,001 pillows and a big fluffy comforter is pretty darn awesome.

But even more so, I love coming home to my bed. I bought a new bed last fall, and it was by far the best investment I have ever made. It is super fluffy, it is high off the ground (and therefore feels fancy), the sheets are silky smooth, and the duvet is light and poofy.

It feels like heaven.


For what are you especially grateful for this week? 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I loooove your optimism. I work hard to be more positive every day, because of you!!! No matter how annoying your enthusiasm might be at times, it always makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, love you, girl! Thank you for putting up with me. :)

      Delete