Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One Year

Well, it's been one year since I started this bad boy, believe it or not.  There've been some good times (i.e. regular blogging) and some bad times (i.e. not blogging for weeks months at a time), but it's been a great experience, and I'm excited to keep it up.  (And yes, hopefully more regularly.)

You may be wondering how I've done with the goals.  Let's recap:

  1. Eat good, healthy meals - I have mostly done a good job with this one.  Of course I've slipped up a bit, especially now with birthday celebrations, but I've done a pretty darn good job of cooking regularly and not having snacks around the house.
  2. Lose 30 pounds - Um, nope.  I've lost about ten, give or take a couple (depends on the day), in the last several weeks do to this insane marathon training.
  3. Work out at least five days a week - Mostly.  I'm running four days a week, and that's plenty for right now.  I need to incorporate more cross-training and strength-training for sure.
  4. Only drink once a week - Again, mostly.  Obviously there are some exceptions (again, birthday week), but I have pretty much cut out alcohol from my diet.  It feels great.
  5. Drink more water - OMG.  That's like all I drink anymore!
  6. Take a multi-vitamin every day - I do this everyday...when I don't run out and then forget to buy them for weeks.  :)
  7. Do yoga at least once a week - Um, nope.  This is the one that I really need to start again; I can totally notice the lack of yoga in my life.
  8. Ride RAGBRAI - I decided to run a marathon instead.  :)  Also, I chose to work summer school so that I could earn money for a road bike, a RAGBRAI essential.  Maybe next year.
  9. Actually follow a budget - I'm getting better...  And my freelance writing gig is sure to help.
  10. Read one book a month for ME - I have gone ABOVE AND BEYOND with this goal!  Just check out my "books" tab!
  11. Become more spiritual - Sadly, I have completely neglected this goal and, actually, forgot I had set it.  Apparently this is the goal for 28.
  12. Blog once a day - An improvement since last year!  :)
  13. Be happy - I am so happy with my life, and I continue to get happier and stronger and better every single day.
Here's to my 28th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment