Monday, March 28, 2011

Photography Schmotography

I quit blogging for awhile and seemingly forget how to do it.  Today, I ate mostly healthfully (more on that later), but I did not take a single picture!  I did not even think to bring my camera with me - for those who know me well, that's a first!

I had every good intention to wake up at 4:30 this morning to hit the gym bright and early.  However, my body was not having it.  I spent ten days in Florida, followed immediately by a fully busy work week, followed by a quick trip to Omaha and a couple of late nights, and the list goes on.  So...I slept the extra hour and worked out after school today.

Breakfast: I had an epic oat fail in the kitchen but managed to throw together some oatmeal + mashed banana anyway.

Lunch: leftover slow-roasted tomato fettuccine, garlic bread, and carrots.  (What can I say?  I love me some carbs.)

Snack: cocoa-roasted almonds.  When I was in Omaha, I may have devoured half of my mom's stash, so she sent some home with me.

Workout: ran two miles + sit-ups, crunches, and push-ups.  I know two miles is NOTHING when I have to run a marathon shortly, but I'm pretty impressed with how I did...

Dinner: this is where it went downhill.  A friend with whom I worked out invited me to "Southside Mexican" with her and her family.  I said yes.  And gorged myself with tortilla chips and salsa (I was starving!) and torta.  Interestingly, one of my students told me today - completely out of the blue - that I had to try torta.  Sure enough, I randomly visited a Mexican restaurant today and just had to try it!

Oops.

Because I failed miserably with photography today, I'll leave you with yet another Florida picture.

I cannot even tell you how much I love oysters.

I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in them.  (Please pardon the ridiculously horrific photo of me.)
Peace out, yo.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on deciding to do a marathon! That's a big time commitment! Which one are you doing? Good luck! I am doing the half in Lincoln in May, but I cut almost all of the junk miles out of my plan so I only have to run 3 days a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm super scared...you know I'm not a runner! I can do everything BUT run! However, I'm participating in a program called See Us Run Des Moines. Essentially, it gives high school students (often those who are "at risk") the opportunity to do something only 1% of the population has done - run a marathon (specifically the Des Moines Marathon). I figure the kids will motivate me!

    ReplyDelete